Together We Can
Athlone Community League is a not-for-profit organization fully operated by volunteers who live in the communities of Athlone & Dunvegan. We help to bring neighbours together by providing community events, recreation and social programs for its members. We develop, maintain and delivery amenities (ice rinks, park, hall, etc.), and represent the community at large on matters of interest to the appropriate order of government and other organizations.
Each year in May, the volunteer board of directors for the next 12 months is elected to fulfill the operational needs of this league and the community hall.
The current board of directors and their position(s) are listed below.
- President: Melanie Limb
- Vice – President: Ron Glesby
- Treasurer: Shirley Frost
- Secretary: Chanie Cowan
- Memberships: Randi Bond
- Grants: Melanie Limb
- Maintenance and Repair: Dave Gadd
- Newsletter: Eva Milanowska Duchene / Bonnie Martin
- Information Tech: Ken Cowan
- Programs Director: Alan Bond
- Community Safety: Tom Duchene / Mike Lapointe
- Area One Representatives: Shirley Frost / Ron Glesby
- Casino Director: Ken Cowan
- Fund Raising: Shane Limb
- Equipment: Dave Gadd & Ron Glesby
- Hall Rentals: Shane Limb
- Karate: Dan Jaud