Together We Can
Athlone Community League was established in 1958, it is a not-for-profit organization fully operated by volunteers who live in the communities of Athlone & Dunvegan. The Athlone neighbourhood was named after the earl of Athlone, Canada’s Governor-General from 1940-46. The Western portion of the neighbourhood called Dunvegan, after the Dunvegan Yards a railway depot that existed on the site for some 70 years.
We help to bring neighbours together by providing community events, recreation and social programs for its members. We develop, maintain and deliver amenities like: (ice rinks, park, hall, etc.), and represent the community at large on matters of interest to the appropriate order of government and other organizations.
Each year in May, the volunteer board of directors for the next 12 months is elected to fulfill the requirements of the Athlone Community League, the operational needs to the community hall and to serve the people of Athlone & Dunvegan.
The current board of directors and their position(s) are listed below.
May 2019 – May 2020 (COVID-19 extension October 2020)
- President: Melanie Limb
- Vice – President: Ron Glesby
- Treasurer: Shirley Frost
- Secretary: Rachel Ironmonger
- Memberships: Laurie Fisher
- Grants: Melanie Limb
- Maintenance and Repair: Shane Limb
- Newsletter: Scott Ironmonger
- Information Tech: Vacant – interim – (Shane Limb)
- Programs Director: Alan Bond
- Community Safety: Shane Limb
- Area One Representatives: Shirley Frost & Ron Glesby
- Casino Director: Vacant – interim – (Shirley Frost)
- Fundraising: Vacant
- Equipment: Alan Bond & Ron Glesby
- Hall Rentals: Shane Limb
- Karate: Dan Jaud